The 5 Stages of Commercial Fire Cleanup
If you are dealing with fire damage, smoke damage, or soot damage at your business in Hollywood, CA you should contact a service specializing in commercial fire and smoke cleaning. There are five major stages of commercial fire cleanup and a full-service restoration company can complete them all.
1. Schedule an inspection: As soon as a fire has been put out, you should arrange for an assessment of the property damage. A company that specializes in commercial restoration can help you identify and record damage to include in an insurance claim.
2. Put up boards and security fencing: The property owner or a damage remediation service should board up broken windows and holes in the roof to prevent debris or precipitation from getting into the property. These barriers also prevent unauthorized access to the property during the restoration process, limit additional damage, and provide insurers with proof that you are doing everything you can to protect the property.
3. Remove damaged contents: Whether the contents of a commercial property have been ruined by fire or only suffered smoke damage, these items should be removed and either cleaned or replaced. Some commercial restoration services will help you store these items until the restoration process is complete.
4. Clean: A restoration company will thoroughly clean a commercial property damaged by fire or smoke. This may involve drying water damage before cleaning up soot damage.
5. Restore: The remainder of the restoration process may involve smoke cleaning with industrial air scrubbers or a specialized machine, such as an ozone generator, hydroxyl generator, or thermal fogger. Contents and occupants may return once restoration is complete.
A full service restoration company can help you clean up fire or smoke damage at a commercial property in Hollywood, CA. The sooner you start the process, the easier the restoration should be. Visit http://www.SERVPROofnorthhollywood.com for more information on commercial fire damage.