How to Improve your Air Quality in Hollywood, California
How to Improve your Air Quality in Hollywood, California
It is interesting to know that air inside our homes can be more polluted than the air outside. In North Hollywood, California, the air inside our homes is polluted by substances such as lead, formaldehyde, fire-retardants, smoke smell, radon and volatile chemicals from fragrances.
Therefore, it is wise to use professional air duct cleaning service or learn how to do it yourself. Following are five sources of bad odor and their treatment.
1. Keep Your Floors Fresh Chemicals and allergies can accumulate quickly wherever there are dust particles. Therefore, experts in Hollywood, CA recommend that house owners should always use a HEPA filter, which ensures that particles from dust mites, pet dander and pollen never come back. Besides, vacuum, it is also important to wipe the house, when applicable. Using a mob with plain water, without soap, will do the job. If possible, use the new microfiber mops and dust clothes, which will take care of allergies. In fact, duct cleaning will also help improve the air quality.
2. Keep Humidity Levels Low It is always better to use air-conditioner is Summer months and Dehumidifier in Winter. Both these equipment will help keep the humidity level between 30 percent and 50 percent, which is good for the air quality. When cooking or taking a bath, always turn on the exhaust fan or crack open a window to stop the humidity from accumulating. Also, never overwater indoor plants. Fixing water leaks and checking duct pipes will also improve the air quality at home.
3. Make Your Home Smoke-Free Zone Smoke smell from cigarettes is the number one contributor to bad odor. Even if you have used every trick in the book to clean air ducts, smoking continues to harm everyone in the household. For instance, recent medical research in North Hollywood has indicated that second-hand smoke has 4000 different chemicals that cause more than 100 serious health injuries. Therefore, the best solution for avid smokers is to smoke outside. If it doesn't help, make a corner of your house smoking-zone near a window. Even better, get professional help from the doctor in California.
4. Test the House for Randon Randon is an odorless and colorless gas, which can accumulate in any household without any specific reason. Primarily, randon is caused by smoking in the house. However, most cases of randon are due to naturally occurring phenomenon, which is caused by natural decay of uranium in the soil. If a house in Hollywood, CA is build in such an environment, it is likely that randon will build up by moving up the house using cracks and holes in the foundation. Luckily, randon levels can be reduced significantly by using professional air duct cleaning services. Actually, everyone should test their house for randon and carry out duct cleaning because it is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States.
5. Get rid of Fake Fragrance Humans have the tendency to look fresh and use fragrance. However, it is a fact that most perfumes, body sprays and detergents use artificial fragrance, which mostly contain toxic that are harmful for the body. In fact, these artificial fragrances can quickly reduce quality of air in a typical home, within days. Accordingly, we should always use products that use natural fragrance. Next time, don't forget to read the label because fragrance should be natural.
Improving your Air Quality in North Hollywood, California
Improving your Air Quality in Hollywood, California
When most people hear about air quality, they tend to think of the outside. The huge amounts of waste being pumped from major industries. However, indoor air-quality is equally as important. It can cause one to take medication for allergies even though they are inside the home.
Air-quality is especially crucial for those with infants. Low air quality could afflict them for the rest of their lives. Clean the Ducts Air duct cleaning is a job that most people never consider. However, it contributes greatly to the indoor air-quality in Hollywood, CA. North Hollywood, California is a dusty place, and the air ducts quickly gather dust and other impurities. If air duct cleaning is not done regularly, the impurities will soon be spread all over the house. It is especially so if the air ducts have cracks. These cracks suck in dirty air and spread it all over the house. For the best results, one should hire a professional duct cleaning company. They have specialized equipment that will help ensure the duct cleaning is done effectively. Clean the Floors Most dirt in the house will be on the floor.
Pets will track mud filled with impurities that lower air-quality. Ideally, one should use a high-quality vacuum cleaner fitted with a HEPA filter. However, to ensure that all the dust is removed, mopping the house is awesome. If one leaves in a huge house, there are professional house cleaning services in Hollywood, CA. They ensure that the floor and other crevices are left spotlessly clean. Use Plants Studies have shown that houseplants such as Aloe Vera improve air-quality. They have a mechanism that sucks in toxins, although in minute amounts. The result is that the indoor air is of good quality. In addition, the may be a good indicator of air-quality.
If one notices the plants dying in spite of being watered and taken care of properly, it is quite telling. The plants are also effective in reducing bad odor, especially the flowering kind. Ban Smoking Not only do cigarettes lead to a smoke smell in the entire house, but they also affect air-quality. A cigarette contains more than 4,000 harmful chemicals. These chemicals leave a bad odor on curtains and clothing. One should never allow people to smoke in his or her home. Conduct a Professional Inspection If the house is new or has never been inspected, it is important to invite an investigator. He or she comes with equipment that tests the house for mold, radon gas, and other substances. If one notices a lingering smoke smell, it is also important to invite a professional to test if the house is habitable. Some of these can increase one’s vulnerability to lung cancer.
Other substances can lead to unexplained allergies. Many air-quality inspectors work in North Hollywood, California. It may be time to give one of them a call. Summary The air fresheners may also lower air quality in the home. Although they make the house smell good, they contain many artificial chemicals. A buildup of these chemicals over time could significantly increase one’s chance of becoming ill.
SERVPRO of North Hollywood Now Offers Window Cleaning!
Give us a call today to have one of our technicians come out to give you a free estimate for window cleaning for your home or business.
SERVPRO of North Hollywood not only does water damage removal we also do Window Cleaning! We know you know us for when your home or business has fire damage or water damage but did you know we also do window cleaning for both your business and home? Give us a call today at 818-754-0050 to set up a free consulation with one of our technicians to have your windows cleaned at your home or business. SERVPRO of North Hollywood does it all from fire clean up and water damage removal to window cleaning SERVPRO of North Hollywood is here for you! Give us a call today!
SERVPRO North Hollywood Now Offering Carpet Cleaning!!
Professional carpet cleaning for those oops moments and more...
SERVPRO North Hollywood is excited to announce we are now offering carpet cleaning for commerical and residential customers. Give us a call today for a free estimate and specials! You know us for when you have a flood or a fire now get to know us for carpet cleaning!